Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Path/File Access Error - Comport.txt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes, we did remotely access the computer and found a few issues. First, it was a 2006 installation with a 2008 version of medialab.exe. That was really odd (as if the newest exe was simply dropped into a v2006 ML folder). We uninstalled and reinstalled and had the same issue with the path access error. Turned out that the comport.txt file was causing the error. If we removed that one file, then everything worked fine. I noticed that the com1 port was set to 9600 baud but that the hardware she was using communicating at 19200 baud. We played around with this but I eventually ran out of ideas--aside from trying it on a different computer which I think she said may have worked. In any case, it seems related to the special hardware being accessed via the comport.txt file.

So does this mean, that we have a corrupted download?

The downloaded file I have been installing MediaLab from (which was downloaded before I started in the Department, which was Nov 2008), is:

MediaLab2006.2.40.exe 23,861 bytes 8/30/2007 modified date

How would installing from 'this' file, put a 2008v1.13 version on the computer? I have done some 20 or so installs, ALL from the same file. Am I expected to have the same problem on ALL the computers?

Or do I need to replace the current file with a 2008 version, and use that going forward?

Thanx!!

-Tim

What it looked like to me was a valid installation of v2006 but where someone had dropped/pasted a v2008 copy of the single file "medialab.exe" into the MediaLab folder--overwriting the v2006 equivalent of that file. Are you guys licensed for v2008 or v2006? If you are not sure let me know and I can have our sales manager pull up your license records.

Well...maybe this will answer. I just had a reqeust for a re-install of MediaLab. So this time, I went out to the SITE, and specifically downloaded the v2008, and installed that.

I then sent in the 'M8' code (instead of the 'M6' codes I had been generating); and was given a proper License Code. So far, I have not received any indicating problems.

(Keeping my fingers crossed)

-Tim